To ensure that all guests have a positive experience, we kindly ask you to follow the following simple code of conduct.
- The reception opening times are 8-9AM and 16-20PM. If you need us for any reason outside these hours, you can check the reception or feel free to call or SMS 07393830403.
- The site is under new ownership since Dec 2016. We feel really lucky to live here. Please give us feedback on how we can improve our service.
- We are busy building our new shower block. It is not ready yet at the time of writing this text, but we will be able to offer you showers. The structure of the temporary units might be -make do- but there will be plenty of hot water. Please don’t expect 5*****. We hope that our new showers will be ready before you turn up, but we’re not 100% sure we’ll be able to pull it off.
- Your booking is only final, once you have completed the payment.
- It is self catering. Please bring your own food. The Isle of Skye is an island. There is a hotel and pub nearby and a small community shop. The nearest supermarket is 17 miles.
- Check in after 4PM please, and vacate before 12AM. If you’d like an exception, please ask us to arrange that, we are happy to try and accommodate.
- Please try to keep noise to at a minimum, especially between 10pm and 8am. Loud electronic music does not fit in well in our environment.
- Please respect nature. We are passionate about that.
- Only make fires in the designated fire pits (ringed with stone) There is a lot of peat on our land which is flammable and can burn for a long time under ground!
- Please do not collect your own firewood from the woods, and do not cut or harm any trees.
- In times of prolonged drought and fire risk, we reserve the right to prohibit all naked flames.
- Please do not burn anything other than wood (or paper to start the fire). Seasoned wood is available from the reception for £6 per bag. We also have charcoal. Or you are welcome to buy or bring your own untreated wood or charcoal. If you order them at checkout, they will be ready for you when you arrive.
- Keep to footpaths and enjoy the beach.
- Supervise children so that they can enjoy the freedom of the outdoors without causing damage (eg. climbing trees with thin branches…..).
- Sorry, no dogs on Rubha Phoil. This a sensitive area of natural beauty with gardens and food growing. We want to avoid disturbing our lifestock, wildlife and other visitors. (registered guide dogs are welcome) More information on the reason why we exclude dogs is here.
- No hen or stag parties. If getting drunk is your idea of a nice holiday, Rubha Phoil is probably not the best place to come to.
- No drones, no exceptions.
- We have no spaces for camper vans or mobile homes.
- The West coast of Scotland can be really wet and windy. Check the weather forecast. The ferry can get cancelled, though there is also a bridge. Check for updates on the ferry here.
- We are used to midges and ticks. Come ask us for advice if you need it.
We have tick twisters, midge repellent, midge hats and a few other essential camping gear for sale if you need it.
For the cabin only:
- If possible, please bring your own blankets or sleeping bags, there are comfortable mattresses and sheets. We have some spare clean duvets and sleeping bags if you need help. Let us know if you’d like to use these. You can choose between a double or single duvets.
- The Cabin has a fridge, kettle, toaster and an electrical heater. There is a small kitchen available with basic kitchen tools.
- The Cabin can sleep up to 5 people.
- You can drive a car to the Cabin to unload. But the car needs to be parked in our private car park.
- There is a possibility to have WIFI in the cabin. If you prefer a WIFI free experience, we can disable that, just let us know.
For the campsite only
- The communal firepit and shelter is shared by all guests to provide you with shelter from the elements and a dry space to cook and relax in. Please tidy up after yourself.
- There is no WIFI on the campsite. There is around the reception area. There is good mobile phone coverage: 4G from all networks.
- Cars are unable to reach the campsite. You can drive up the track to unload, but you need to drive back down to our carpark. It is a 200m walk to the campsite. We can lend you a wheelbarrel to shift your gear.
We’re happy to give a refund (minus paypal or bank transfer costs) of 75% if cancelled up to 4 weeks before the start of your stay. After that we’ll refund 50%, only if we manage to find a replacement to fill your space. If we don’t manage to fill your space, no refund will be given. The Corona Virus and the Weather are unpredictable and will not constitute a reason to deviate from this policy.
If we need to cancel your booking for any reason, we will provide a full refund, but we are not liable for any further compensation.
We recommend to take travel insurance!
THANK YOU AND ENJOY YOUR STAY!